- A-Z of Services
- Planned Care
- Specialist Care
- Children and Young People's Inpatient and Regional Services North of Tyne
- Community Children and Young People's Services Trustwide
- Forensic Services Trustwide
- Neurological Service North of Tyne
- Communication Aids Provision (Newcastle)
- Community Multiple Sclerosis Team - Multidisciplinary Team (Newcastle)
- Environmental Control Service - Community Service (Hexham)
- Head Injury Unit - Long Term Rehabilitation Unit (Corbridge)
- Long Term Rehabilitation and Care (Walkergate Park)
- Neuro-Behavioural Inpatients - Specialist Rehabilitation (Walkergate Park)
- Neuro-Psychiatry Inpatients - Adult Assessment and Treatment Unit (Walkergate Park)
- Neuro-Rehabilitation Inpatients - Highly Specialist Rehabilitation (Walkergate Park)
- North East Drive Mobility - Independent Assessment and Advice Service (Walkergate Park)
- Northumberland Head Injuries Team - (Morpeth)
- Outpatient Service - Outpatient and Community Rehabititation Clinic (Walkergate Park)
- Regional Communication Aid Service - Neurological Service (Walkergate)
- Regional Disability Team - Neurological Service (Walkergate Park)
- Specialist Services
- Urgent Care Services
North East Drive Mobility - Independent Assessment and Advice Service (Walkergate Park)
Newcastle upon Tyne
ContactTel: 0191 287 5090
Opening Hours9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
North East Drive Mobility is based at Walkergate Park, Centre for Neuro-psychiatry, Newcastle upon Tyne. The service helps people to retain or regain independence as drivers and passengers. North East Drive Mobility provides independent assessment and advice to people with a medical condition, or disability, which may affect their ability to drive, or use a vehicle as a passenger.
The service is for experienced and learner drivers, or provisional licence holders who have not yet started to learn to drive. Advice and assessment is also offered to people of all ages with mobility difficulties on travelling safely in a vehicle as a passenger.
The North East Drive Mobility service offers:
- Assessment of driving ability: this takes place on our purpose-built driving track, as well as on the public highway.
- Advice on vehicle adaptations.
- Advice on getting in and out of a vehicle, and wheelchair stowage.
- Specialist driving tuition.
- Information and advice service, including advice on possible alternatives to using a car, for example, community transport services.
There is no cost for an assessment if you refer yourself, or are referred by your doctor or health professional.
How to get referredVia GP, Healthcare Professionals, Carers or Self referral
Download our service leaflet