- Our History
- Vision, mission and values
- Our Priorities
- Board of Directors
- Our Organisational Structures
- Our Sites and Directions
- St Nicholas
- St George's Park
- Walkergate Park
- Hopewood Park
- Monkwearmouth Hospital
- Other Sites
- Award Winning Trust
- Equality and Diversity
- Doing Business with Us
- Research and Development
- Charitable Giving
- Pharmacy Services
- Transforming Services Programme
- GP and Referrer Guide
- CQC information
- Work Experience Placements 2015
- Speak Out Safely
- Medical Education
- Winter Wellness Campaign
- Library and Knowledge Services
- Quality Goals and Quality Priorities
- Neuropsychiatry Conference 2015
- Smokefree NTW
- Time to Talk 2016
AddressFerndene Prudhoe Northumberland NE42 5PB
ContactTel: 01661 838400
Ferndene is on the old Prudhoe Hosptial site which is located 12 miles west of Newcastle.
Ferndene opened in autumn 2011 and is a purpose built £27 million inpatient centre which provides inpatient assessment and treatment for young people with complex health, behavioural and emotional needs including those with a learning disability. Ferndene is the first such integrated service of its kind in the country.
The modern facilities provide accommodation for children and young people from the north-east of England and Cumbria and some of the specialist services also receive referrals from across the United Kingdom.
- Riding: a six bed unit providing comprehensive assessment and treatment for patients aged from 4-18 years with mild to moderate learning disability (4 to 12 year olds) or moderate to severe learning disability (13 to 18 year olds)
- Fraser: a twelve bed unit providing comprehensive assessment and treatment for patients aged from 12-18 years) with mental health and developmental needs and mild to moderate learning disability.
- Stephenson: an eight bed low secure unit providing comprehensive assessment and treatment for patients aged from 14-18 years with mild to moderate learning disability and a requirement for high levels of supervision in a safe environment
- Redburn: a fourteen bed unit providing comprehensive assessment and treatment for patients under the age of 18 with early onset psychosis or complex mental health disorders.
All the young people have their own bedroom, most of which have en-suite facilities. There is also a wide range of therapy, educational, social and recreational facilities; a flat for visiting families; and office accommodation for staff.