Public bodies subject to the specific duties must publish information to show their compliance with the Equality Duty.
This means that the information they publish must show that they had due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
The Trust’s Equality Strategy 2012-2016 provides the background to the setting of our Equality Objectives to meet the Public Sector Duties of the Equality Act 2010. Details of our objectives are in Section 8 beginning on Page 30.
The Workforce Equality and Diversity Information to be found in the link below has been published to help demonstrate how the Trust is meeting our obligations as a Public Sector Body under the Equality Act 2010. The information contained in this document should be read in conjunction with that in our Equality Strategy.
The Trust acknowledges that we have a large proportion of staff who are not declaring their status across all protected characteristics. One of our equality objectives to campaign to increase reported levels of protected characteristics for staff.
This action will help us to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share
If we foster a culture within the Trust where people are happy to disclose this information, we in turn will be able to act upon the information to be more responsive as an employer, with policies procedures and working practices that better reflect the needs of our workforce. Our objective is to increase staff reporting against all protected characteristics to increase by at least 50 per cent by April 2014.
To find out more about this or any other of our equality objectives please contact our Equality and Diversity Advisor.
Equality and Diversity Annual Report 17-18 (3Mb)