Our vision was developed in 2017 and is underpinned by a set of core values that we refreshed during 2013. We did this in consultation with service users, carers, staff, governors and other partners.
These values ensure we strive to provide the best care, delivered by the best people, to achieve the best outcomes. Quality and safety are key areas for us, and we will ensure that our values are reflected in all we do.
At Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, we are committed to developing services of the highest quality that consequently enable and empower our service users to reach their potential and live fulfilling lives.
To be a leader in the delivery of high quality care and a champion for those we serve
Caring and compassionate
- Put ourselves in other people’s shoes
- Be approachable
- Listen and offer hope
- Focus on recovery
- Be sensitive and considerate
- Go the extra mile
- Be helpful
- Value the skill and contribution of others
- Give respect to all people
- Respect and embrace difference
- Encourage innovation and be open to new ideas
- Work together and value our partners
Honest and transparent
- Have no secrets
- Be open and truthful
- Accept what is wrong and strive to put it right
- Share information
- Be accountable for our actions