If you want to make a difference to people’s lives and enjoy a rewarding career then why not consider working for us.
Life as an NTW nurse
Nursing staff are by far the largest part of our workforce and are key to service transformation; working across a diverse range of services we employ mental health; learning disability and adult nurses.
In 2014 we launched our five year Nursing Strategy ‘Delivering Compassion in Practice’. The aim of the strategy is to strengthen and maximise our nurses’ influence on policy development, build capacity and capability and the flexibility to take on new roles and freedoms, lead service change and enable the development and dissemination of best practice not only on a local level, but also nationally and internationally.
The strategy is underpinned by comprehensive nursing career and development pathways which are designed to support our nursing workforce to fulfill their potential and develop their career. Key to maintaining professional standards and excellent nursing practice is effective nursing leadership. Nurse Leaders are employed in a range of senior clinical and management posts.
We are recruiting registered nurses including RGN, mental health and learning disability nurses to work across the organisation. View our current vacancies
In practice this means:
- increasing the recruitment of newly qualified nurses and providing an accredited preceptorship programme
- increasing opportunities for the development of Intermediate and Advanced Level Practitioners and Specialist Nurses
- expanding the number of Nurse Consultants, Nurse Prescribers, Responsible and Approved Clinicians
- providing opportunities to work across traditional boundaries and fields of practice; developing new knowledge, skills and competencies
- building and strengthening leadership through access to a comprehensive leadership programme
- creating new roles for our non-registered nursing workforce including entry level Health Care Assistant posts for applicants new to the NHS and Assistant Practitioner posts
- widening participation through career progression pathways for the non-registered nursing workforce creating a firm foundation of knowledge and skills by providing access to service specific vocational qualifications; Foundation Degrees and access to flexibly delivered pre-registration education BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing in partnership with the Open University