I am a Paediatric Neurodisability clinical academic. I have wide-ranging research interests in the Neurodisability field, including investigating the neurobiological basis of disabilities, carrying out interventions studies to ameliorate disability and undertaking research into clinical service delivery. For more information about my research please visit: hhtp://www.ncl.ac.uk/ion/staff/profile/Jeremy.parr
My clinical work is for two local NHS Trusts: 1. Newcastle Hospitals Trust at the Great North Children’s Hospital in the Tertiary Neurodevelopment service (Tertiary Dysphagia/Feeding clinic lead and run a Tertiary Neurodevelopment Disorders Clinic) and 2. Northumberland Tyne and Wear Foundation Trust in the Regional Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis, management and intervention service where I lead multidisciplinary assessments of children with ASD (the complex Neurodevelopmental Disorder Service).
Nationally Commissioned Complex Neurodevelopmental Disorder Service
I see children with confirmed or possible Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through the Complex Neurodevelopmental Disorders service to address questions around ASD diagnosis and management. Please note children referred to this service must have been referred to us by a child health professional, and a local team ASD assessment must have been completed before we can consider assessments of children; children should remain under local team care during our assessments. For more details, please see: hhtp://www.ntw.nhs.uk/sd.php?l=2&d=9&sm=37&id=276
- MB ChB (1996)
- MD (Broader Autism Phenotype, 2007)
- CCT in Paediatric Neurodisability and Paediatrics (2007)
National committee roles
- Member of the Executive Committee of the British Academy of Childhood Disability (2007-present)
- Chair of the British Academy of Childhood Disability Strategic Research Group (2012-present)
- Co-Chair of the Research Autism Scientific Advisory Committee (2012-present)
- Member, the NIHR Paediatric Neurosciences Clinical Study Group (2013-present)
- Member of the Research Support Panel for Child Brain Research (2013-present)
- Member of the British Autism Study of Infant Siblings (BASIS) Science Committee (2012-present)
- Trustee for the Castang Foundation charity
- Expert adviser to The National Autism Project
November 2006 – May 2009
Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Pediatric Neurodisability, Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Institute of Child Health, London.
September 2008 – May 2009
Senior Academic Research Fellow and Honorary Consultant Pediatrician University of Oxford and Oxford Children’s Hospital.