I am a Consultant in General Adult and Substance Misuse Psychiatry and Associate Clinical Researcher, Institute of Neuroscience, Newcastle University.
Current Research Involved;
Relationship between Affective state and Personality rating in Inpatient Depression (RAPID) study.
Investigators; Kaushadh Jayakody, David Cousins, Peter Gallagher, Quoc Vuong; Institute of Neuroscience, Newcastle University
1) Jayakody K, Gibson RC, Kumar A, Gunadasa S. Zuclopenthixol acetate for acute schizophrenia and similar serious mental illnesses. Cochrane Database of Systematic Review. 2012 , Issue 4 . Art. No.: CD000525. DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD000525.pub3
2) Jayakody K, Gunadasa S, Hosker C. Exercise for anxiety Disorders: Systematic review. British Journal of Sports Medicine. Published online first: [7 January 2013] doi:10.1136/bjsports-2012-091287
3) Jayakody K, Bandyopadhyay D, Gunadasa S. Prescribing practices following judicial review of NICE Technology Appraisal 111 of prescribing acetylcholinesterase inhibitors for cognitive impairment. Kent Journal of Mental Health. Winter 2011:7: 8 – 12 [http://kjmh.org/]
4) Wedisinghe L, Jayakody K, Arambage K. Wernicke’s encephalopathy – a preventable cause of maternal death. British Journal of Hospital Medicine. January 2011. Volume 72:1: Pages 31 – 34
5) Rodrigo A, Majoor J, Minson F, Jayakody K. Recent trends in psychotherapy training among psychiatrists in UK, Australia and New Zealand; Australisian Psychiatry. 2013: 21: 182 (DOI:10.177/1039856212475326)