The service assists people with physical disabilities to operate a wide range of equipment and/or appliances within their desired environment.
Main uses of Environmental Control Systems are for:
- Security – alarms, door locks, intercoms
- Communications – telephone
- Comfort – lights, heaters
- Entertainment – television, video, hi-fi, DVD
- Home control – doors windows
- Computer access
The service is for people of all ages who have a limiting physical disability. Equipment can be controlled using various methods i.e.
- Switches – these can be operated using any controllable body movement
- Voice recognition
- Direct access – special keypads
Equipment provision can help to alleviate or compensate for an injury or impairment, and can help to maintain or increase independence.
What the service offers is:
- Visiting Assessment Service: this takes place in the most appropriate location (usually home address)
- Equipment provision
- On-going service and maintenance
- Review and re-assessment (if required)
How to get Referred
Via, GP, Healthcare Professionals