The South Central Northumberland Older Adult Team, based in Ashmore House in Ashington, provides specialist assessment, treatment and care for older people with mental health problems arising from functional or organic disorders. They work with people who need more specialist assessment or intensive treatment than their GP or other health worker is able to give. The teams consist of a range of specially trained staff with different roles and expertise.
The help offered may include:
- Further specialist assessments
- Psychological intervention/talking therapies
- Medication changes and management
- Memory clinics for the diagnosis and treatment of dementia
- Support, advice and health information
- Carer support for family members
- Linking with your GP and other services as necessary
Who is the Older Adult Team for?
The team provides a service to men and women, the majority of whom are aged 65 or older, although they do see people younger than this.
How can I get referred?
The team operate an open referral system.